Sunday, March 7, 2010

Random Thoughts IX

Hmm, I guess one think I have come to realise is that there is always a tendency for someone to remain "emo", or rather in a self-defeating manner. It seems like theres a need to feel like "The world hates me! And guess what? Its mutual!", and thus leaving us in our fantasies of being the "tragic hero", making us feel "better" about ourselves. But most often it just keeps us stuck in the vicious cycle of self-loathing, unhappiness and loneliness. Oh well.

But of course there are times when we SHOULD be emo, or depressed, or sad, or whatever you call those negative feelings that seem to originate from the heart rather than the head, for example when loved ones pass away, when the heart seems irreversibly broken, and so on. But otherwise....yeah, it just seems like we are simply trying to portray ourselves as the grossly misunderstood, hence gaining "sympathy points" from others.

Hence, yes, I guess I should strive to be slightly happier? Perhaps a multiplier or accelerator effect will kick in...hmm, I wonder.

No comments: